The following is an overview of the settings for the
- Vertex Welding: Welds vertices together if they are below the specified distance threshold. For more information on vertex welding, please navigate to the following article: Vertex Welding.
- T-Junction Healing: If set to value > 0, automatically heals t-junctions if the vertex edge distance is below the specified threshold
- Remove Degenerate Faces: If set to value > 0, automatically removes degenerates if two or more corners are shared by a polygon
- Fix Non-Manifold: Rebuilds the mesh geometry to be manifold
- Conform Normals: Conform the normals of the selected mesh.
- Conform WInding Order: Conform the winding order of the selected mesh.
- Flip Normals: Flip the normals of the selected mesh.
- Flip Winding Order: Flip the winding order of the selected mesh.
- Fill Holes: Closes mesh boundary holes. For more information on filling holes, please navigate to the following article: How to Close Holes
- Normal Healing Mode: Fixes normal anomalies on the surface.
- Recalculate Normals: Recalculates the surface normals using the specifies hard angle threshold
- Combine Meshes: Combine selected mesh nodes into a single mesh node
- Split Meshes: Split mesh by adjacency
- Split By Material: Split mesh by material
- Minimum Radius: Remove meshes below the specified BSR threshold
- Minimum Face Area: Remove polygons smaller than the specified surface area. Can be used to remove degenerate faces
- Translate: Translates the mesh in units
- Rotate: Rotates the mesh in degrees
- Scale: Scale the mesh by a factor of 'x'
Mesh Toolkit operation is useful for multi-step mesh operations or if the operations need to be saved in a profile for batch processing. All of the
Mesh Toolkit operations are, however, also available for direct use in the Viewport by navigating into the
Mesh menu located at the top of the application.
For more information on fixing surface normals and winding orders, please navigate to the following article: Fixing Surface Normals.